Christ Church is a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas, which is a diocese of The Episcopal Church https://www.episcopalchurch.org/. The Episcopal Church is the American province of the Anglican Communion, https://anglicancommunion.org/ , one of the largest communion of Christians in the world. There are now 40 provinces in the Anglican Communion, and 39 of them are daughter churches of the Church of England.
Since we are Christians we believe the words of the Nicene and Apostles’ Creeds. We also believe:
- that the Bible is the inspired, authoritative Word of God.
- that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- in making available to all a personal relationship with Jesus Christ guided by the Holy Spirit.
- in the two sacraments of the Gospel, namely Holy Baptism and the Holy Eucharist.
- in loving God, others and self in a community of fellowship.
- in living life guided by Biblical truth, teaching, study, and prayer.
- that the mission of the Church found in Matthew 28 is to “go and make disciples of nations.”
We believe it’s OK to ask questions. There are many different viewpoints but only one source of all Truth, and that Truth is found in Jesus Christ. Since “all things came into being through Him” (John 1:3), all answers are eventually found in Him.
We embrace the Anglican tradition of the original Church of England in the via media (“middle way”) and its desire to be the church for all people.
For more information about our beliefs, please see “An Outline of the Faith” which is found in the Book of Common Prayer on pp. 845-862, https:/www.bcponline.org/
Christ Church holds the view of marriage as found in the Book of Common Prayer https://www.bcponline.org/. Our parish bylaws provide that we adhere to the traditional view of marriage as being between one man and one woman.